how to track location by facebook messenger | 2023
Through Facebook Messenger, you can’t find out where someone is. Facebook Messenger doesn’t have a way for people to tell others where they are right now. You can share your location on a map with a specific person, but this is a one-time thing that doesn’t get updated automatically. Sharing your location is also an option, but you have to turn it on in your privacy settings.
You can find out where someone is on Facebook Messenger in three ways:
Facebook has added a few features to the app, making it possible to do some things. A feature of Facebook Messenger that many users don’t know about is that it can track your location.
With features like location sharing, hashtags, and friends nearby, it’s easy to find out where someone is on Facebook Messenger. If you’ve never tried any of these methods before, use the steps in this section to find out how to do them.
Use the “Location Sharing” feature:
Yes, Facebook Messenger does have a feature called “Location Sharing” that lets you share your location with specific contacts.
- Start talking to the person you want to tell where you are.
- Tap the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen, which stand for “More.”
- Choose how long you’d like to share your location (15 minutes, 1 hour, or Until you turn this off).
- The recipient will get an email with a map showing where you are.
Note that sharing your location through Facebook Messenger is a one-time thing; it won’t happen automatically after that. Location sharing must also be turned on in your privacy settings, and you are the only one who can do it. Your location can’t be asked for or accessed without your permission.
Hashtags are another way to find out where someone is on Facebook Messenger. But if the person you want to track hasn’t posted anything, you might not be able to figure out where they are.
- Find a hashtag on a post or Messenger story from a friend.
- Choose the option “Tag location.”
- Tap “Show location” and look at your screen to see where you are.
- You will be sent to Google Maps and shown where the other person was when they posted their story on Facebook Messenger.
- It’s important to remember that the location may not be correct because they may be moving, which means their location has changed.
Use the Feature Nearby Friends:
Using the “friends nearby” feature is the last thing you can do to find out where someone is on Facebook Messenger. It’s easy to use, but just like location sharing, they have to turn it on for you to find them.
Once a user has turned on the feature, it’s easy for other Facebook users to find out where they are. But before we start, it’s important to say that this feature might not be available to everyone.
- Sign into Facebook and tap the icon with three lines.
- Scroll down and then click on “See More.”
- Choose the option “Nerby Friends.”
- If you have never used this feature before, tap “Get Started.”
- When you don’t want everyone to know where you are, Facebook lets you choose who can see it.
With Facebook Messenger, you can now find out where your friends and family are. If you want to keep an eye on a child, the guide shows you three ways to do it.